In order to satisfy our ever expanding client base, Greystone has a new opportunity for a highly skilled Senior Consultant to join our team as a full-time permanent employee. In this position, you will work on quality projects in highly collaborative teams with some of the industry’s best and brightest talents. With strong core software engineering and custom application development skills you will develop one or more specialties in the following areas: applications integration, collaboration and portal solutions, business process management, business intelligence, and/or cloud computing. Technologies you will work with include SharePoint, Office 365, SQL, Azure and AWS.
Our people experience a positive work-life balance, a diversified and challenging work portfolio, and gratifying time allotment between in-office developing and on-site client communications. The ideal candidate will also serve in various roles and lead development throughout all phases of the project life-cycle. As a result, you will continuously explore new industries, companies, and technologies.
The Senior Consultant at Greystone works effectively with clients and in small teams to deliver SharePoint, Office 365, SQL, Azure and AWS solutions. This individual engages directly in technical delivery and client relations activities, including requirements gathering, technical design and development, administration, deployment and migration planning. When leading a project that includes other team members, this individual coordinates the activities of the team, including light project management when needed.
Pre-sales activities periodically require a technical resource to be involved and when this happens, the Senior Consultant works with Greystone Account Executives and the VP of Consulting Services to ensure technical coverage.
The Senior Consultant works effectively with minimum supervision, but partners with the Principal Consultants in the practice for oversite as needed.
Essential Skills and Capabilities
- Understanding of cloud computing and DevOps technologies, preferably AWS and/or Azure.
- Working knowledge of Office 365.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with internal team members, clients and vendors.
- Understanding of iterative development methodologies like Lean and Agile.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering or other technical field or equivalent knowledge and a demonstrated record of achievement with a desire and aptitude to learn new technologies.
- 2-3 years of experience designing SharePoint portals including information architecture, search configuration and workflow automation.
- Hands-on experience throughout the entire software development life-cycle including requirements, design, development and deployment.
In addition, the following are highly desirable
- Experience building SharePoint on premises farms.
- Experience with the design and development of SharePoint master pages and page layouts.
- Understanding of and experience with responsive design best practices.
- Experience with Sharegate or Metalogix.
- Prior experience in a professional services company.
Position located at our Boston, MA office.
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume to Greystone Solutions Human Resources by email to email@example.com. Please reference the job title in the subject line.
Greystone Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, qualified veteran’s status, disability, or any other categories protected by law.