Permanent mortgage loan financing for newly constructed or recently renovated conventional and affordable multifamily apartment communities expected to achieve stabilized occupancy within 120 days.
- Conventional and Multifamily Affordable Housing Properties
- Partially leased, newly constructed or recently renovated communities
- Strong borrowers with demonstrated lease-up track record
- Properties in Strong and Nationwide markets
$10 million or greater
5, 7, 10, and 12 year term options
5-30 year amortization
Fixed- and variable-rate interest rate options
Loan to Value and DSCR
- Maximum LTV shall be Tier compliant. For a Tier II level, 75% of “as-stabilized” LTV.
- Minimum DSCR shall be Tier compliant. For a Tier II level, Underwritten DSCR of 1.25x (1.15x for MAH).
Monthly payments of interest only for the first 12 months of the loan term, based on the actual interest rate. An additional period of interest-only payments may be available.
Minimum physical occupancy of 75% at rate lock. MBS Additional Disclosure is required. Full disbursement of loan proceeds at closing.
Flexible prepayment options available, including yield maintenance and declining prepayment premium.
30- to 180-day commitments. Borrowers may lock a rate with the Streamlined Rate Lock option.
30/360 and Actual/360
Non-recourse execution with standard carve-outs for “bad acts” such as fraud and bankruptcy.
Replacement reserve, tax, and insurance escrows are typically required.
Standard third-party reports required, including Appraisal, Phase I Environmental Site Assessment, and Property Condition Assessment
Loans are typically assumable, subject to review and approval of the new borrower’s financial capacity and experience.